View Single Post
      08-08-2010, 03:31 AM   #64
siscobmw
freude am fahren ....scheiden freude...
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive30i tiefseeblau

I live close to alps and also my way from garage door to the gate is not plain like a table...roads are twisty and tarmac is italian tarmac, so it's bad.my roof should have rattle since the first meter out of the dealer.....

about the silicon spray...the well known facts that silicon and rubber are incompatible.....well....on my etk (version 06/2010)there's this product, from bmw car care products:
83 12 9 407 847
silicone pray for all purposes....cleans and protects door hinges, seatbelts springs,door seals,V and poliV belts,radiator hoses, could avoid static electricity ,remove noises of interior panels.... it's well known that door seals are not longer produced with rubber but they are made with extremely chemical components like ptfe and other exotic synthetic stuff .....
and it's well known, also that product gummipfledge (83 12 0 301 480)contains also a small quantity of silicone and that its purpose is for old cars......in fact I preferred to use gummipfledge on myold 635Csi or 3.3L, it helps in finland because it prevents icing of seals....

I protected always my seals with silicone spray....and BMW seems to do the same , and my 28 years old 635 has still it's original door seals.....
this is my wrong and opinable (but working)opinion, then tell me yours....
Francesco
Appreciate 0