08-06-2014, 01:02 PM   #19
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_hf View Post
2 bags and still top down? Almost every km in the Z4, the top is down :-) Seeing you're from HK it makes sense to drive top closed and AC on in daytime though. I actually put 2 bags on top of each other in the trunk of the E85 and still had room for carts if I'd use them. Btw, I'm not into pure straight line speed when I'm referring to the weight problem. You do notice the extra weight in corners. Brakes are no real issue as I'd go for some Alcon brakes anyway :-) Doesn't Active autowerke have a better intercooler? I also read about some one offering ball bearing turbo modifications which even lowered load temps by 20 degs centrigrade. And come to looks, I like both. Actually the hydraulic line leak of the E89 is quite well documented, even in buyers guides. I actually looked into Boxsters as they accomodate the golf bags and still allow the top to be down, unfortunately they also include the high number of random engine self destructions, especially when driven hard.
No, can't go top down with the bags and cart, maybe just the cart lol. I drive the SUV's to golf and my two Zed's are for mostly night time top down driving and winter top down every day driving. Anything under 32C degrees and not pouring, I'm top down. As you can see, I'm also a top down kind of guy.

Cornering does feel heavier when compared to the E36 ZM but as long as the car stays flat and has the power, I'm happy doing spirited driving with the E89. 6 pot Brembos stops the E89 well. Haven't looked too far into cooling options as I don't track my cars here.