View Single Post
      12-15-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Helped out a family member, now he keeps a$king for more $$$

On Thanksgiving Day, I FB messaged many ppl Happy Thanksgiving and even a cousin I haven't seen in years, though lives only a few miles away. FWIW, he's a former minor league pitcher for the Brewers/White Sox during the 90's. Anyway, throughout the years I've heard he's been on down times, lost his job because of some heart surgery. Not sure why he didn't sue but whatevs. Fast forward to that message I sent him. He immediately sends me a book of how life sucks, his father stopped supporting him, this and that and blah blah blah and comes out asking me to give him $$$$. Giving me the song and dance that his son (he has him on the weekends) and him are low on food, he needs gas and some money to keep his internet or whatever on. I was in a good mood that day (probably a mistake) so I went straight to the supermarket at 11am Thanksgiving Day, spent $47 on a 'list' he gave me, went to his cramped apartment, THEN I gave him $60 cash and filled up his tank (07 FJ Cruiser, shockingly was only $28). So overall I gave him $135. I thought I did a great deed. However, I see he has stocked up in his apartment a boatload of sports memorabilia (he was always like this) but then I'm thinking to myself, why not sell all this, sell your paid off car for a cheaper set of wheels? Excuses after excuses, tells me that selling his sports stuff would only give him 25% of what they're worth, he loves his FJ Cruiser and whatever. After I left I was kind of pissed, though it was good to see him and his son (8 years old) but his priorities aren't straight.

Weeks have passed and at least twice a week he'll text me saying he needs food, ink, his internet bill paid and I have ignored it. Finally yesterday he text another book saying he still needs those things paid. As calm as I was I texted back saying I helped you out that day, I cannot support you and seek social services for help/temporary assistance. His reply, "Thanks Cuz" and I just let it be.

Cliffs - gave my cousin $135 worth of food, money, gas and keeps asking for more help.
Appreciate 0