07-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #55
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannisa View Post
I am aware of your (possible ) mods, as many others over here, they have been discussed extensively after all.

I asked another thing, if you will get an update by ess incorporating the higher flow capabilities.
THANK YOU for the question and explanation. I agree and appreciate the expertise you have offered on the issue. It is 100% my plan to have ESS prepare a new "map" for the car once the DPs are installed as your explanation, which was great, was my rough understanding already - i.e. install the DPs and have a custom flash prepared since the potential will not be fully realized with just the stock stage 1 tune.

Once that is all done, I will take a video with sound and upload it to this site (I think I am capable of this despite my technological idiocy).

I am not looking for raw power, believe it or not, just quicker response, smoothness, sound, and a little extra pull. Hell, the car already is wicked quick. With the current mods and the DCT, there are very few cars that can keep up with straight line performance. I have had countless mustangs, corvettes, camaros, porsches, etc. try to take out the little Z in a "responsible" display of acceleration to 70-80 mph. They are always disappointed. It would take a 911S to keep up or a Z06 or similar to come close to putting it in its place. I think the real 0-60 of this car is a lot closer to 4 seconds than it is to 5 seconds.

After having the car for almost 3 years and 25k miles, I never even engage in such displays of acceleration against other cars - I already know the likely outcome. Plus, we love the car even more than when we first picked her up.

Last edited by Vintage; 07-22-2012 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0