View Single Post
      05-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #55
strider41
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 E92

Saw the new Z4 30i and 35i at Passport this afternoon. Opted to drive a Black 30i with MT and Kansas Coral Red w/o sports package. Know what the N54 can do. This is a luxurious and pleasurable cruiser.

Exhaust sound similar on start up to N54 but not when driving. Steering does not feel quite as tight as my E92 and suspension softer than my 335 with ZSP even on sport setting. Focus is on luxury and comfort as opposed to sportiness. Good torque in 5th or 6th gear. You can feel it pull. Just not like an N54 but more than adequate. Silky smooth shifter and lots of fun running throught the gears.

Trunk space still very limited with the top down and would probably accomodate two 15"W x 28-30"L duffles with top up. Good head space for me at 5'11" and good driver ergonomics but my E92 has more comfortable driving position for my build. Forward visibility is good but rearview mirror did obstruct some forward viewing angles. Rear vision is adequate with top up.

Great looks and toy as a daily driver and day weekend cruiser and very nice with the top down. Not the car I would take for a weekend or week long distance trip as space is at a premium. Overall a fun car and focused on luxury rather than sportiness.

I wondered if I would prefer the Z4 30i over my E92 and got my answer. Now I have to drive the 35i to confirm my conclusion.