09-10-2011, 10:17 PM   #21
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Shocked at how young this crowd is.. I was a junior in college and had just returned from my Principles of Investing class. I got back to my dorm and flipped on CNBC and they were talking about a fire at the WTC. I watched the second plane hit on live TV then woke up my roommates. I found out a few days later that an acquaintance of mine from high school had just started working at Cantor Fitzgerald. He did not make it.

Working in Finance which was so heavily concentrated in that area at the time, I've heard some really crazy stories from coworkers who were there that day. One of our PMs was working at the WFC which is literally across the street from the towers. He said that after the first plane hit, they had the CNBC coverage on their TVs and were watching when suddenly they saw the second plane cross their view and hit the second tower - first hand and then again on the TVs. The whole floor then scattered immediately and headed out down the stairs and out of the building. The horror that he saw with all of the people hitting the ground is permanently engrained in his memory.

My grandfather worked at the WTC for many years in the 70s and 80s and absolutely hated it. He always felt that he was working in a target.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0