03-03-2024, 06:06 AM   #5
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiZ4 View Post
So better to not think about a DIY disaster in that area.

These complex machines (aka roof) need some maintenance after 5 to 10 years. Ignoring this, leads to exact these problems you are collecting since a min of 2.5 years.

It'll be easier to have a look at my recommendation lists aka maintenance threads.
https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130932

To be honest, your current strategy to stumble into each and every pitfall is suboptimal.

Most of these issues you are suffering on are avoidable, but of course can be taken. Then it'll be cold'n wet for a while.
Tx for link but not sure what's w the attitude? Like you said, the roof is a complicated sys and few if any reg owners know how to maintain it or should be required to, which upon brief perusal of your info involves taking apart some items, not exactly 'piece of cake' territory. There no pitfall that I walked into, no idea what the heck you're referring to...

Also, this site is set up weirdly and it's not easy to navigate, e.g. your threads aren't readily apparent.

Anyway, I fixed the prb for now, just an electrical gremlin.

I doubt there are many owners w more mileage and also w a properly functioning roof like mine, so I'm definitely up there in terms of reliability.

Last edited by tranquility; 03-03-2024 at 06:11 AM..
Appreciate 0