View Single Post
      02-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #21
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

I just had my coolant changed at 42.000km / 4 years because I hope to keep this car long-term. The process was to first drain the radiator using the drain plug as seen on this video.

youku.com/

Then air pressure was added and the engine was turned on shortly to get out the last drops. Next they refilled with bmw antifreeze mixed with bottled drinking water 3:1.
I don't know why they didnt add more water. I believe 1:1 would have been sufficient. On the other hand I am happy they did not add any more of that non-destilled water...

Next they added pressure to the system and monitored the pressure over a few minutes to check for leaks. Finally they turned on the engine to see if it heated up normally.

I also had the fuel and air filters changed, and they cleaned my inlet manifold to remove carbon buildup.

Old air filter (which has been cleaned several times before using high pressure air)

New air filter

I also snapped a picture of a 3-series 335 convertible parked nearby. It seems that the anti-roll bars were beefed up a bit on the Z4.

Last edited by Asbjorn; 02-04-2013 at 05:28 AM..
Appreciate 0