Thread: Noobs
View Single Post
      06-30-2018, 02:11 PM   #511
tommylotto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW Z4 sDrive28i

BMW hater here, but I've come over to the dark side. I have spent my life trying hard to NOT buy a BMW like all the rest of my friends. I drove BMW knock-off sports sedans like an early Lincoln LS and numerous Cadillac CTS's, including 2 CTS-V's. Still embargoing BMW as of last year, I now daily drive a Ghibli SQ4.

However, I wanted a "toy car" for weekend fun and I insisted it have a manual transmission. I was thinking a FIAT 124, because I drove the original in my high school years and always had a soft spot for that car. I was seriously looking at a used Abarth version or maybe a basic Classico version that I would spend some money on customizing. The problem is that I am over six feet and the Miata/Fiata was not made for the likes of me. Then, I was doing a cars.com search for body style "convertible" with manual transmission, and this CPO Z4 beauty popped up in my price range. It was in my favorite color (black), and it was on sale just around the block. I drove it and loved it, in spite of the fact that it was a BMW. It was so much more substantial than the Abarth in most every way. Happy so far.

35 years later

I still think the double bubble hood on the 78 FIAT makes a better picture though.

Last edited by tommylotto; 07-31-2018 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0