04-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #69
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
Honestly, I didn't get this car for the looks, status, or to get girls. I got it because I genuinely love driving and i love cars. And hopefully this won't be the nicest car I'll be driving in the next 10 years. The thing with me, is that I'm of a certain race. And in our culture, our parents pretty much pay for everything until we get into residency, and sometimes even up until we start practicing.(The Medical profession is the only profession for us, I'm afraid.) For example, my Uncle just got my cousin an R8 for him becoming Chief resident. Now he's doing some sort of fellowship or something at Harvard. (Not exactly sure what he's doing there, actually. I think it's his interventional cardiology fellowship.) Its a foreign concept to most people, they think we're "spoiled", but that's just our culture.
If that's the case then I feel you bro. You got stuck with a Z4 3.0 when you obviously should have gotten at least a 911 since you love driving so much. I guess your uncle has more money than your dad and that's fine, your so called spoiled "culture" is still considered rich in some places in the world. You also mentioned that "Honestly, I didn't get this car for the looks, status, or to get girls. I got it because I genuinely love driving and i love cars. " WRONG CAR BUD, you should have probably did some research on L4P or at least pose this complaint about 3.0 or 35i on there. This car is about 90% for looks. Status? Depends on which part of the world you live in. To not get girls with this car would be a sin. Regardless of its status this car is a chick magnet, ok maybe cuz they wanna drive it so much lol.

But hey, in all honesty, coming from Vancouver Canada, I do feel you. I just wish I had a rich dad that would cover all my expenses till I got a steady job/career. Life is life and we don't get to choose the lifestyle or parents when growing up. If you really loved cars and driving, a miata would blow your mind. Your 3.0 is fine for now, maybe bitch about it a little more in a year to your dad and move up to an 458 or sth. That will show your uncle who's boss. Im sure your dad will like the idea of who's son has a nicer car.