Thread: Noobs
View Single Post
      03-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #213
bashz4
Rep
Drives: 2010bmw z4

Hey guys, finally got my car. It arrived and once I saw it, had the biggest smile on my face! Unfortunately, two problems came up. One, the tire pressure sensor was on. No big deal, took it to the dealer and it was taken care of. Second and more serious of a problem, I had the engine malfunction, reduced power indicator on. This drove me crazy!! I asked the dealer what the problem could be and he told me without a proper diagnostic he wouldn't be able to satisfactorily come up with an answer. Completely understandable and I was told to drop off the car so they can inspect it overnight. Which of course, I'm going to do. My question is, has anyone experienced the reduced power situation? This is definitely not the same machine I fell in love with and decided to buy. It's a 35i and I can tell a dramatic difference in power, or in this case, lack of. Everything is still under warranty so it shouldn't be a problem. I live in the Los Angesles area and the car was shipped to me from Las Vegas. It was almost completely empty of gas and I was told that this may have caused the engine malfunction problem. The previous owner had no problems with it and it was meticulously taken care of. Just wanted some comments on the reduced power indication. How much power is taken away? Hope to have this problem fixed quickly because it's torture having this car and not being able to drive it at its full potential! Thanks.
Appreciate 0