Germany
Rep
Drives: Roadsterbag carsuitcases

Quote:
Originally Posted by dszpiro View Post
Hi all,
_____
Hi René,

I have been following and contributing to the thread regarding your luggage set for the Z4/E89. I would be happy to work with you on seeing if we can organize a group buy of these items.

I wonder if you could answer a few questions.

- How is the luggage set packaged? Is it one box per set or multiple boxes per set? Is the packaging of sufficient strength to permit ground shipping? What are the dimensions and weights of the packaging per set? (This information will be helpful in calculating the domestic ground shipping once a container arrives in the US.)

- For estimation purposes, what would be the shipping costs if we ordered 10 sets?

- For logistics reasons, would there be a significant decrease in the shipping costs if we ordered a target number of sets thanks to the space use inside a container?

I look forward to hearing from you. Please let me know if you have any questions for me at this point.

Thanks,
Danny
Hey Danny,
Hey Z4post members,

I will try to answer all your quetions in the following part:

1. How is the luggage set packaged?

The complete luggage set is packed in one big stable carton. The two suitcases are additional packed in soft bags, to prevent scratches and to store your Roadsterbags.

Weight of one parcel: 13,5 KG

2. The shipping costs

The shipping costs depend of many factors...
1. The harbour
2. Have the Roadsterbags to be transported with a truck to the next destination?
3. How far is it to the destination

I expect that the shipping for one conatiner will be around 1000,- €...but that's just an estimation...This could be more or less...

So if we got 20 buyers the shipping will be 50,00 € per person + shiping from the USA to their final destinations...

If we got 30 buyers the shipping will be 33,33 € per person + shipping from the USA to their final destinations.

If we got just 10 buyers the shipping will be around 100,00 € per person + shipping from the USA to their final destinations...In this case it is perhaps cheaper and faster, shipping them direct to their final destinations.

Therefore I asked if the e85 e86 or e93 drivers are also interested...to decrease shipping costs...

Furthermore I will contact DPD (our parcel service) for the exact shipping rates to the USA, if we ship each parcel individual here from germany

3. What about the idea with the dead line?
Perhaps we should collect orders untill the 31 december 2009?

4. The leader of the group buy
The leader of the group buy has to be a reliable person...
When we organize other group buys most of the group buy leaders are the administrators of the website...but this is just our experience

René

www.carsuitcases.com

Last edited by AeroStylez; 12-16-2009 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0