Thread: Lady in red
View Single Post
      07-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
jannisa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Lady in red --EDIT : CUSTOM QUAD EXHAUST FITTED

Hey guys. My baby landed 2 weeks ago and blew my mind. In short this is the best and most loveable piece of machinery I have ever had. Will post tomorrow some more pics of the interior and some other details I would like to share.

Name:  IMG_1371 [].jpg
Views: 3917
Size:  70.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1402 [].jpg
Views: 3888
Size:  73.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1410 [].jpg
Views: 3873
Size:  118.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1422 [].jpg
Views: 3846
Size:  75.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1543 [].jpg
Views: 3830
Size:  59.2 KB

Here are some remarks and recommendation I could make after living with zed (actually IN zed, love love love) and covering 1.500km. :

--DCT : Just GET it. I grew up in automatic cars and gradually I got fed up. In the last 8 years I was a manual-gear-maniac, liked to get involved, commanding etc. and every auto I tried (from merc to porsc and maserati to saab) seemed to be kind of fake and more a playstation than a gearbox. I firstly ordered my zed with the manual one. Well it took me 3 days to get used to its philosophy and that was it. You won't miss a thing, this piece can do anything.

--18s or 19s ? I have 18s and the M-suspension. I drive mostly in "normal" setting and actually it is already kind of stiff with little rebound depth. If you have issues with road quality where you move I would suggest that the 19s might not give you a brake.

--Business CD/navi screen: The screen is superb, sound is ok, but just ok. The only settings you can do are bass treble fade and balance(!!!). Maybe you should consider an upgrade. I should have done.

--Voice commands: I haven't found them very useful yet. Everything is really easily accessible by hard wire. Until later I would say it 's not a big deal.

--Grey shaded windscreen: It is a 2cm banner on top and you can spot it only from the inside. Nice touch, but you will notice it mostly in your pocket.

--Get the individual grey roof interior if you plan to have black or red leather interior. I didn't. The standard beige will match only with beige leather or pure white.

--Sport seats are superb. Get the lordose adjustements only if you really need such adjustements.

Any suggestions?
--There is a brief chain-like-something sound at cold start only, any insights?
--The PDC turns on only if R is selected. How can I adjust it to turn automaticaly on when both ends approach any obstacles?

Good luck to everybody!! E89 is a future classic.

Last edited by jannisa; 06-01-2010 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 0