View Single Post
      07-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #16
Mak135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 GTS, X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by haspi View Post
It's been six months since I've purchased Lux H8 V4 Angel Eye replacement kit. Here are my thoughts so far:

* Significantly more expensive then alternatives in the market
* Easy setup, lots of installation videos available
* The kit allows to change the brightness of the color. Good option to have but but absolutely necessary
* Lights flicker when turned off - Not as advertised. Horrible!
* Outer rings are significantly dimmer that inside rings. No way to get around it. - Not as advertised either

Overall I'm not happy with this product. I think I just made $60K+ car look like a $15K rice rocket.

What do you guys think?
I have the F30 with OEM LED angel eyes and I did the LUX on my 2011 E89. Obviously they are not the same. The LUX are not as bright or "white" or have the consistency of intensity between inner and outer rings as the OEM.

However, mine are bright enough to see in the day light (even when it is very sunny here in Louisiana), they DO NOT flicker and are indeed white. Most people who see them, including other BMW owners, like them. I don't think they are "ricer". They're just not like the newer BMW LED. Better to think of them as a change of the original color...from a dull yellowy white to a bright white white if that makes sense.
Appreciate 0