09-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #33
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
Ferrari is more of a driver's car than Porsche?

I'll go ahead and answer that for you, no it is not. The new GT2 RS, not only spanked the 458 at the ring, but also the Enzo. You want a true driver's car you always buy manual.

When was the last time you actually saw someone drive their Ferrari? They are for old people who have money...

Everyone knows for a fact that Ferrari is a true performance car. There really IS NO disputing it, or need to defend that statement any further. I'm not even going to dignify the comment about them being a "drivers car".

There are still people like you that prefer a manual, and that is OK. You are entitle to your own personal opinion. So if your definition of a "true drivers car" aka "performance car" is one that has manual, then no one is going to take your opinion away from you. However, not everyone agrees with your opinion.

The only point I intended to, and successfully made, was to bring to light the fact that there are "performance cars" without manual transmissions. So there are, in fact, people out there driving performace cars without manual transmissions and they consciously made the decision to do so.

To answer my own question.....Ferrari is a smart company, so they make smart decisions. They are not offering manual transmissions on some models, because the same demand is just not there anymore, given the fact there is alternative technology. Ferrari know there are performance car drivers that have a totally different opinion than you, and want to drive the dual clutch.

The though that a car has to have a manaul transmission to be a true performance car is fading, FAST. There are still some holdouts though.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 09-17-2010 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0