01-07-2013, 02:57 AM   #37
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunzaro View Post
ManiacGT -I also have this noise and have traced it to the seat belt/speaker area on the left. I do not know the cause of it either having felted and greased the roll hoop covers. I wonder if the plastics under the roll hoop covers is making the noise because when I press on it from the back (with the boot open) it makes a similar noise.
Interesting.. it seems we're both working to resolve this challenge! Its a noise for me that occurs when either the car chassis twists on uneven road, or, when the rear wheel on that side hits a manhole cover etc.

This weekend (as its too dark atm to work in the evenings after work) I intend to take off all panels on that side, I've checked on RealOEM it looks fairly straight forward and I have all the tools.

If it still makes the noise then.. it must be something mechanical transmitting through the shell, roof mech in the trunk or seatbelt reel, or worse, the rear quarter window... actually, I may drive home from the office with that window retracted to see if it makes any difference.

As for your comment about the hoop covers... I took everything off the hoop, leaving only the metal tubing.. it still made the noise, so unless its plastic on the bulkhead rubbing the hoops where they attach to the chassis, its not the hoops.

I'm not the kind of person to just turn on the radio and forget about it, I find little clicks and cracks like this very annoying and I must work until they're resolved... my partner says I'm OCD with cars.

Nice to know I'm not alone in this though, whenever I hear funny noises I wonder if may car was built at 5pm on a Friday!
Appreciate 0