View Single Post
      12-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #84
Toodeep
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: sDrive 35i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadstergal View Post
Ivory white interior has always been available with any color metallic or non metallic. It states that everywhere that I have ever read including the Z4 brochure.
Only one of us is in the UK which may be lucky for you but it also means you may not have read the UK brochure. Here, the colour (color) Havana (or Mojave if you must) only comes with the Pure White Design Package (ie Ivory) and the Pure White Design Package can only be specified in combination with metallic paint. It is well accepted that car makers market to the UK differently than mainland Europe and to Europe in a different way to America. For example, in addition to the 30i and 35i, we get an z4 sDrive 23i (2.5 litre (liter) 6) starting with a more basic spec (eg cloth seats) which would presumably be too austere for your tastes. Another example: Despite being the largest market for sunroofs (or moonroofs as you call them) and convertible roofs in Europe, we can only get the carbon fibre (fiber) roof in our M3 coupé (coupe) where you can choose a moonroof.

So my points, while valid, may not always translate to cars purchased across the Atlantic - much like my language and spelling. As George Bernard Shaw said, we are two nations separated by the same language.
Appreciate 0