View Single Post
      08-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
z4z4z4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3

I may be insurance ignorant. I've been with LibMutual for 35+ years. I don't shop, but I do notice none of the competitors ever include LM in price comparison ads. I have no idea if their service is any good because they bill me once a year and I send a check to pay in full. I see they offer BMW on track insurance, that's cool. I pay Under $1500 a year for 2002 M3 & 2011 Z4 with $1000 deductible on full comp/collision & liability.
More on topic, as e89 owners we experience very few options from after market suppliers.
I doubt that non oem radiator manufacturers as an example, are stock piling inventory for cutrate insurance companies. I do repairs for neighbors with BMWs. I just replaced '99 323i passenger window lifter mechanism with a non oem part. $163 @ dealer, $131 on line, but non oem was $72. Perfect form, fit and function.
More about my ignorance, does your oem-parts-guaranteed insurance company have any control over the at-fault party's insurance company that is paying the repair bill?
I'm aware there are insurance repair horror stories out there to offset my example.
Drive safe.