View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #13
marcom01
Rep
Drives: bmw z4 3.5i sdrive (year 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javol View Post
I'm on JB4 map 2, 98 italian gas (93 US), DPs and BMS dual intake. DPs are 3" custom made. I never dynoed my car. According to BMS data, I should be around 370 whp or 420-430 chp. Honestly I have always been looking at these numbers with a bit of scepticism. For sure my car is fast, and much faster than a stock 35i. But... 370 whp? It is really a lot, i thought...
That until yesterday.
I had the opportunity to race a 2012 911 Carrera S (991), brand new (and marvelous)... It comes stock with 400 chp and 1490 kg. The Z435i weights 1600 kg, as reference.
Everything happened in less than 30 second, I guess. We met on the highway @ 150 km/h aprox, I was in 7th gear (DCT). He passed me slowly, than accelerated. Great opportunity: manually downshift to 5th and try to catch him. We remained at the same distance all the time, he couldn't take advantage at all until my speed-limiter (250 km/h) said "game over".... and he disappeared. He was WOT? Impossible to say, but i guess he was, observing how fast desappeared when I should cut.
Summary: NOT BAD AT ALL FOR MY LITTLE BANANA .
Thanks BMS!
Hi I was thinking to install the same, I look at it and I saw the JB4 stage 4 .... honestly I am not into this things so I would not mind an advise from you, and how switch from map to map? Sorry it sounds a bit wierd but its my first time I am upgrading my baby any advise is more than welcome thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0