View Single Post
      12-14-2008, 07:32 AM   #78
veearrsix
Private
Rep
Drives: 02 Porsche Turbo, Polar Silver

WTF!!!

Probably on my own with this one, but I think I hate it....

The interiors too busy, I don't think the popup screen looks finished, that gearstick looks awful, and what's with the heater controls, couldn't they make their minds up whether to use buttons or knobs, all very fussy and untidy.

Then onto the exterior... I will concede the front looks quite nice and well resolved, especially in the pics of the blue version. I like the z3 style bonnet with the integrated wings. but the rear has no identity and the profile looks awful, the way the rear just falls off into the ground, and I really don't think they 'needed' to do a folding hardtop version. The sacrifice of the awkward shut lines around the rear don't make up for a folding hardtop, audi and porsche haven't given in to putting folding hartops on all there models and I think bmw could have done the same here, rather than giving into the 'slk' crowd, so much for the ultimate driving machine, looks like there aiming for the ultimate posing machine!!!

I guess I should reserve judgement until the coupe comes along and I see one in the metal, but for the time being I won't be giving up my 06 z4 coupe, even if it hasn't got the twin turbo engine and fancy gearbox.

Big thumbs down from me
Appreciate 0