davidmbell
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91 318d Exclusive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbell View Post
Just an update on my car, as I mentioned above I came back from my two week vacation and the dealer said the car still wasn't ready - they ended up keeping it till last Friday to complete their testing. I think they wanted to run a full tank of fuel through it, just to make sure it didn't change sound at differening levels of fuel.

So I have the car back and am finally happy with it. OK so it does have a small whine, but I think its the nature of the design and location of the tank, certainly not a annoying whine like it was before, and something I think I can live with.

I have to applaud BMW Scothall in Leeds for all the efforts (eventually) in getting me and my car sorted. What started out as a rocky relationship has ended well and I can't fault the contact I have had with Rob Gooblar on Service Desk. Good effort Scothall.

I also managed to get a new drivers seat cover too (Nappa Pure White Design Leather Pack). Having complained that I didn't feel the wear on the drivers side bolster was right for a car that cost almost £40,000 and having only done 14,000 miles. The new one doesn't fit quite as well as the old one, with one or two wrinkles, but these may settle over time.

So all sorted, I can begin enjoying my new toy.

David
Got another update on my ongoing fuel tank whine saga. See above - in that it's now all sorted.

The latest is.... I sent BMW Finance a message via the BMW Finance website, basically stating I was unhappy at paying my monthly finance payment for a selection of courtesy cars! Mine has been in the garage almost as much as it has on the road, since I bought the car in late July. So I stated I wasn't happy at this. Anyway, BMW Finance wrote to me and said they would be looking in the situation and would be in touch soon.

I received a phone call on Monday from BMW Finance offering to give me one month free. RESULT!

So all in all, now a happy bunny. Car all sorted with new fuel tank, no more whine, new drivers seat cover and a free month off my finance payments!

David
Automatic
Business Nav
Appreciate 0