teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
teagueAMX

There is no bend visible, It is BMW's way of telling me it is not running true.

Naturally with an open crack like this I expect the wheel to be sprang open at the crack therefore a dial reading starting from zero opposite the crack will show + some value at and near the crack.

I've added a note to my original post about the outside diameter condition, i.e. there are no impact marks from pothole damage etc, the wheel is clean smooth all around both sides on the outer diameter (spoke side and opposite spoke side).
OK, that helps.

If I read you correctly, BMW is saying the deviation is an indication of out-of-roundness, and hence you have a bend, regardless of the wheel being actually bent or not.

I thought the situation was different similar to another person reporting in another thread they had an actual bent rim that was cracked.

On the basis of that info, I'd have to say the crack came first.

Rolf, scratch my poll results as I voted the bend came 1st. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Appreciate 0