12-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #104
wmb
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 Comp, '15 335xi GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarnibl
And if there's really no M version of the car, that's just epic fail. At 3400 lb, I'd probably rather have the Saturn Sky Redline.
Wow, you're epic fail. Just like ANY BMW ever launched the ///M version will come later — even if upper management vehemently denies the need for an ///M version (just like with the E85 where they denied the ///M's existence until the very end).

Z4 has moved up market just like the E90/E92. If you want a lightweight nimble roadster wait for the Z2 — or go support the flailing US auto industry. Totally fine by me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenorino View Post
Umm, I think you got that backwards. The old Z's design and look was very polarizing but had a hardore fan base due to it's agressive styling. You didn't see much women driving it like you would an SLK. This new Z is meant to attract a larger segment of buyers that's why it is less of a raw sports car or roadster and more heavy and luxurious cruiser. In other words, lots more chicks and hairdressers will be seen driving around in the new Z with their starbucks in their hands.
///M Z4 roadster / coupe excepted, the vast majority of Z4 drivers are women — who also happen to love the 2.5i (and it's god awful black headlight inserts).

The new Z4 will appeal to them, just like it did with the previous car and with the Z3. Polarizing design or not, women are attracted to this car because of its size and because it is a convertible...
Appreciate 0