InsanePineapple
Shenanigans
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4RIDER View Post
All,
Attached are copies in PDF format ( sorry 1 is upside down) of the NEW Extended Vehicle Protection Plans and prices which were put in effect on April 1, 2013.
BMW now breaks down the coverage for cars with under 10,000 miles where the prices went down and over 10K miles but less than 50,000 miles where the prices went up.
They break down the plans for cars that are still under the BMW warranty and those that are Out of Warranty, but within the miles outlined above.
They still have the Powertrain Plus, Gold and Platinum each with 5 Years, 6 years or max 7 years and/or 70K and 100K miles.
They now have vehicle categoies A thru G depending on all the models available and priced as such.
My 2009 Z4 35i sDrive with 27,400 miles is listed under category B.
The GOLD coverge on this car increased in price from $3,140 to $3370 or an increase of $230 dollars.
As I outlined in the Thread, I was offered a $600 savings off the MSRP of these plans from Schaeffer BMW, in NC.
I brought this info to my local BMW dealer. He told me that he will sell me the GOLD plan for cost PLUS $50 in June when my BMW warranty plans ends.
My dealer told me that the plan pricing is up to the individual dealer to decide if they want to make money, meet competitive deals, lose money or sell at just above cost. My new plan has a MSRP price of $3,370. I put a deposit on it at what he called "Dealer Cost" of $2,620 plus $50 mark up for a total of $2,670. I saved $700.00 off MSRP.
Dont let the dealer tell you that these plans are firm on MSRP. My dealer said no. Its up to the dealer to set the price they wish to sell these plans at.
FYI
Great price

[Current] Tesla Model 3 Performance
[Retired] Audi R8 V10 6MT, BMW i3 BEV, BMW i3 REx, BMW Z4 sDrive35i DCT, BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0