gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Thinking about getting a used Cayman S and was wondering if Porsches are reliable. I read somewhere that Porsche is one of the most reliable brands but would like actual opinions. TIA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman View Post
Sadly that seems to be the case. My 4 year old 1er has been in the shop more in the 2 years I've owned it than even my 20 year old RX7 turbo was over 6 years. That's not a good sign.
in fairness, bmw has one of the best warranties imo. i'm sure they work it into the price so you still pay for it but it sure does feel good to go in and know you're not paying for anything (even a wiper blade) when you leave. obviously, extended or cpo does not include that.

within the first few months of owning a porsche, i brought it in for scheduled maintenance and had to pay a few hundred just for the oil change.

long story short, they all get their money one way or another so people should just get what they enjoy.

since i drive more for fun than necessity; if ppl are looking at reliability because they don't want to get stuck on the side of the road then that's a different story. the question should be about companies like AAA, always bring a fallout bag, and maybe have more than one car.