04-06-2015, 09:20 AM   #10
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I was on there and read a few things. Overall it looked to be reliable (confirmed what I read in an article). With that said, there are some issues like alternator, oil, tires wearing too quickly, etc. I think those may be the minority but from what you said, it sounds like it could be pricey. The whole reason I am looking into Porsche is that I expect them to be more reliable h
Than BMW.
They are reliable, but reliability is a statement of ownership. If you're tracking the car, wearable components are just that, wearable, and with some of the internal components having stress factors, this is where the big money sits with repairs on P car motors. What you listed are a few things people have had issues with, but lets be honest, they are consistent issues with other cars too.

I'd just make sure you have history logs from any previous owner and find out what the car was used for, especially being a P car. If it was someone using it as a weekend car, I'm sure you'll be just fine, but if it was used for other purposes, I'd be much more leery.
Appreciate 0