View Single Post
      10-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #11
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
I do not think it is strange as BMW is probably attempting to hide the fact that the first 296s were flawed and the second version is a fix - they do not want to pay for thousands of wheels around the world; I know it sounds like a conspiracy but I think the evidence speaks for itself.

I totally agree with you on this. BMW was rolling up the PN on every iteration of the HPFP debacle because it was affecting their bread & butter 3 series - they couldn't really afford to upset the masses. On the other hand E89 is a small segment and they do not roll the PN on the 296 rim. They have the "Ultimate" excuse that low profile tires can damage the rim easily. Certainly no conspiracy "Truth in Engineering" - not at BMW, more like CYA and limit financial damage. It's really nothing new for them, they've done it in the auto and MC segments many times before.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0