View Single Post
      04-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #86
Go351
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Coupe Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhoag View Post
Go351 Regarding the screen flickering. I was out for a long drive the other day. I think my screen probably flickered twice. But, it's something I notice out of the corner of my eye.. then look at the screen... and then it doesn't happen again. It happens so infrequently for me that I don't consider it an issue. And... I can't even take a video of it to send to UniChip to show them the issue because of how infrequent it is. Have you sent them a video of your screen?
Hi Bryan
I ended up getting a replacement unit. My problem got to the point where it was constantly flickering. Unichip was pretty good about it. I paid for return shipping.

Good news and bad news though. The new unit is much much better, but the problem is still there. Only happens on 4 out of 10 drives. And now mostly happens when in Idrive screen not carplay as much. Crazy!

My latest theory....
When it flickers, if I gently force the screen towards the closed position. It stops the flickering.
I suspect it's a wiring issue but have reinstalled and wriggled the cables many times now. Can't get it to repeat when I'm testing. Only when I drive.

My fear is that there is a degraded wire or connection in the oringal cable set going to the screen, likely at the screen connection point. I just can't get to it without taking the dash and vents out. Im too scared about doing that for breaking some plastic part, or worse, rattles after. I'm very presious about my rattles!

But... I think I will have to do it soon.

Yours sounds like it's nowhere near the level of frequency as mine was. But I get it, once you know it's there....
Appreciate 0