06-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by raweden View Post
To update I have had my 35i back at the dealers and the senior technician has listened to the squeaks. He is convinced they are coming from the front suspension struts as the sound comes with compression and releaase of the dampers.

In other words its a characteristic of the adaptive suspension. I do tend to agree with him bearing in mind I have had 2 new front dampers on the car (which has only 4000 miles on it) and there's nothing else I can conceivable think of, and neither can BMW. Proof will be for me to drive another Z4 with adaptive suspsension and this will be the next step when (if?) my local dealer ever gets one in with this option.
When ever a technician says someting like, "...its a characteristic of the adaptive suspension." what they really mean is, "We've tried as hard as were going to and we're not going to help you any further on this issue"

One response to their comment would be, "not everyone has the squeeks, so it's not a normal characteristic, so please continue to do whatever is necessary so my suspension does not squeek any more. Here are my keys, call me when the squeeks are gone"

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 06-18-2010 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0