12-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #14
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saebb View Post
I don't know for sure what weight they have given us. If they gave us a standard Din weight it includes a drivers weight of 75kgs and a package weight of about 5 kgs as far as I know and a 90% filled tank. So the weight of the car alone would be 1485kg if you disregard the fuel tank. That MIGHT be an explanation.
well the spec sheet says "curb weight," and curb weight by definition is the weight of the car topped off with fluids (full tank of gas, etc.), but without passengers. so the sDrive35i w/ the 7-speed is going to be approx. 3500-lbs + anywhere from 120-lbs to 400-lbs depending on your weight (and your passenger's weight if you have one). and it looks like the 6-speed will only be approx. 50-lbs lighter...

i must say i'm not that surprised at the weight figures after witnessing the introduction of the pig-like 135i (it barely weighed less than the 335i). that being said, its ridiculous how heavy these things are if you get one with the N54 powerplant. perhaps they'll debut an ///M version of the new Z4 down the road that isn't so heavy...