02-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #22
javol
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieZ4 View Post
Thanks for the additional info javol. The wheel set up is still fantastic looking even with the flatter front. The custom rims seems too costly so I'll go with the Vossen as well but do 19" because our roads are not too good.

Just saw your new Z4 side profile photos with the upgraded brakes. Looks good in the yellow as the BMW Performance Brakes

I've read that the rear electronics parking function is lost with after market brakes so did you manage to overcome this problem? Can you still engage the factory parking brakes?

Thanks again!
When stopped, the car is firm and does not roll if in "P": the "P" position of the DCT keeps the car away from movements independently of the hand brake.

The e-brake lost could be a problem in driving emergencies... Anyway, I have been driving around for 26 years and never used the hand brake in such a kind of situations...
2012 Z4 35i DCT Black/Beige - 20" Vossen CV3, PB-Brake BBK, ///M Front Bumper, ///M Steering Wheel, Led Angel Eyes, Black Grille, Short Antenna - Tuning: JB4 Map 2, Custom Made 3" DPs & MPs, BMS Dual Intake - Desire list: 3D Design Front Lip, Meth Kit, FMIC.
Appreciate 0