Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [7.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by javol View Post
We have a similar background since my previous car was an M3 E92 CP.

I well know what you mean with “the Z4 raises/jumps up during hard acceleration out of the corners”: a typical strange behavior of this car that, together with a remarkable understeer, make difficult to push it.

The question is: do you REALLY feel that great improvement with a “simple” coilovers work? It would be great!

Because I feel that the Z4 cannot be compared to the M3 in terms of handling, steering response, and chassis rigidity and that could be difficult and frustrating trying to change this situation…

I love my Z, but definitively it doesn’t seem a track car… I have always thought that the M3 and the Z4 are two really different cars, engineered for different purposes…
Previously I had a 2008 Z4 M Roadster. I was hoping BMW would have produced an E89 Z4 M. Since they did not, I simply wanted to enhanced the ride quality of this car for my taste. After adding the the coilovers and ditching the RFTs, the handling has been enhanced in comparison to a Z4 M.

M3 and Z4 have different personalities. I love both cars. If I had to downsize to one, it would be hard decision. If I was going up a steep canyon road on the Z4, I could leave it in 3rd and still climb at a spirited pace. As for the M3, I would have to drop down to 2nd to gain speed up the incline.

Why did you switch from the M3 to the Z4? Would like to see it from your point of view?