01-27-2010, 12:57 AM   #16
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBMW View Post
To all of those who read or responded to our sob story concerning "A Long Tale of Z4 Damage" - thanks. As of today, the new Z4 is being shipped in from Cleveland. BMW NA called me yesterday and confirmed that they would "swap" cars (our damaged one for a new one of our selection). So, based on their instruction I went to the dealer today and finalized the deal with a straight up swap for a similarly equipped car. It seems that once the facts of our case made it high enough up the management chain, things happened quickly - just as many of you suggested. Thank you BMW of North America for taking care of your loyal customers and renewing my faith in your great car company!

Now, let's get this one in the garage and install the Eisenmann Race Exhaust!!!
I'm truly glad to hear the excellent result of your quest to get satisfaction so you could close the book on this unfortunate issue.

Frankly I no longer believed that a company like BMW, or any other for that matter, would do the right thing - IMHO true customer service was a thing of the past. Sometimes, if you worked hard enough it was possible to get some people to help you out. My comments here and elsewhere reflected that as well.

This does go a long way to restore faith. Well done BMW and keep it up!
Appreciate 0