12-07-2012, 01:46 AM   #25
InsanePineapple
Shenanigans
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierBayArea View Post
Most radar detectors Talk and beep. So it's just a matter of listening, it's right next to your ear anyway so it's clear even with the top down and loud music.

I have the same setup on my Lotus Elise, where there's little windscreen space in the first place there so I learned to love this way of setting up a radar detector.

It's totally unobstrusive, clean install, looks great and the pigs can't give you a ticket because there's an obstruction on your windshield. And flexibility to just unhook it and put a camera in it's place is really awesome.

You guys should try it out, it's cheap. All you need is a 15 dollar smartphone holder and i used some industrial strength velcro straps to be able to remove it if i want to.
Ah my usage pattern is a little bit different. I need to be able to see the display since it displays the actual frequency of the radar. I also need to be able to access the controls to mute and lock/unlock threat via the built-in GPS. Also I like a more stealthy install where you can't tell there is a RD there unless you look closely.

[Current] Tesla Model 3 Performance
[Retired] Audi R8 V10 6MT, BMW i3 BEV, BMW i3 REx, BMW Z4 sDrive35i DCT, BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0