View Single Post
      03-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #102
Michael5155
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 30i

Okay, so I've done enough reading on this and other forums and manufacturer sites to be dangerous. And I can't say I have any more direction as to what angel eye lighting to go with than before I knew what an angel eye even was!

Here's what I see as the pros and cons. Please tell me where I'm wrong and/or offer your own set of pros and cons.

MTEC halogen lights

Pros:
CHEAP! These are easily the most reasonable option out there.
Plug and Play. Easy installation.
If you want bright and true white light, these seem to do a good job
Possibly the brightest of all the options available for the E89

Cons:
The bright white seems to yellow after a year to the point where its color is indistinguishable from original stock lights. What's the point in getting them unless you want to buy new ones every year.

LUX LED lights

Pros:
Bright white!
Plug and play

Cons:
Expensive!
Probably the least brightest option.

Alpine HID

Pros:
Seems to be the brightest option.
Wonderfully clean white color!

Cons:
Not plug and play. Apparently slight chassis modification needs to be done.
Expensive to the tenth power! Almost cost as much as the car itself!

So after looking at all the pros and cons, it seems to me the MTECs are the best option if you don't want to give up an arm or leg. If money is no object go with the Alpine and have someone from a BMW dealership put it in for you when he/she is off work. Pay them with a six-pack. If the LUX where more reasonable, those would be a good choice. But with their price close to that of the Alpines, spend the extra bucks and get the Aplines.

Okay. So that's my ten cents. Where am I right? Where am I wrong? And please offer your own opinions.

Michael
Appreciate 0