08-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #96
Chuck Tung
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 z4 35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheHbKa View Post
these look very good, i keep seeing a lot of x5's with LED angel eyes, but what's holding me back is the way it looks with headlights on. seems like its way to cluttered. and center ring is way brighter.

urs looks even
It depends on the angle. From some angles the inner ring is brighter than the outer ring. Not a deal breaker for me.

Quote:
alpine hids do look good, but there is a big thread on other bmw boards about the, seemingly, very high failure rate. worse to me, is the failure rate straight out of the box (dead ballast after dead ballast, redesign, more dead ballast) etc. after going through months of that thread, i cannot purchase that product. it just seams it is is not ready for general use.
Yes this was a problem for me. When I first got the lights, the passenger side ballast would occasionally go out, while I was driving, and stay off until I restarted the car. Alex replaced it for free, but it looked pretty dumb driving around with one ring, while I was waiting for the replacement to arrive.
Now I've had to send back one bulb for replacement, so right now I'm driving around with one HID, and one OEM bulb.