11-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #36
Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by night199uk View Post
Yup, got the ICOM last night. Still building the programming VMs I need on the Mac. Have ISTA/P, ISTA/D, and another VM for BMW Standard Tools with WinKFP an NCS Expert etc. Plugged the ICOM into the car briefly an watched it boot, but not connected to the laptop yet.

Also I read we need a PSU to power the car for longer programming exercises. I built a list of the options and went to Mong Kok Hak Po Road last night, but no-one has anything close. They pointed me to Ap Liu Street in SSP, so I will go there and try and source the PSU (another 3000 - 4000 HKD :-(). There is a real danger of bricking your ECUs apparently if you don't use one and the battery runs out during coding/programming. :-( Hopefully I can find something, will let you know.
Keep me posted. We can buy this online from the US.
On the BT retrofit, I was advised that the coding won't take much time, unless we hit problems!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by night199uk View Post
Did you find your MOST port yet? Fucked if I can find it. I have a bad description from the BMW docs and a bad image from another E89 document that says its on the driver side, behind some trim near the a-pillar. A better image or description would be helpful. I don't know how to remove the trim there safely.
Check this site, page 34
http://www.scribd.com/doc/92249489/S...mplete-Vehicle

It shows clearly where is the location of the MOST; I have not checked it out yet though.
Taking off the trims is not a difficult job, you will need a plastic head screwdriver (or a plastic flat rice spoon), you just need to know the position of the clips and exercise some caution...
Appreciate 0