View Single Post
      03-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #116
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

Lot has changed, but not necessarily for always the best with BMW. The dead and hated electric steering have now even ruined the new M3/M4 and even M2. Still do not see a true mid-engine sports car from BMW. The i8 is a nice attempt but just does not have sustained grunt to keep up with the Audi R8.

It would be nice to see at least a I-6 turbo from M4 GTS matched with electric motors of i8 to create an M8. Also, you need thorough reevaluation of EPS steering setup in all your cars, especially the M cars. The new BMW cars don't come with magical feel that the previous BMW cars had and made them famous among enthusiast and mainstream wannabe followed in droves.

Either way, I have spoken with my wallet after complaining on most BMW forums and owners surveys. After, two decades of owning BMW cars from 3 series, 5 series, to 7 series. My last BMW purchase was an E92. Since then I have been unhappy with first the 5 series replacement of E60.

Thus, once it was time to get ride of my E60 545i. I test drove the newer 5 series and decided that the boring new 5 series with no steering feel and too much luxury and not equal amounts of sport drove me away from brand to look else where. I have since gone back to look at many new BMW cars at BMW events to find a replacement for my E92 and just could not come to like any of the new offering with too much luxury, not enough sports in comparison, and dead steerings.

Thus, I kept my E92 and I decided that instead of this new M4 or M2. I will just buy a C7 Stingray Z51 instead of M2 and instead of M4 would take the C7 Stingray Z06. The Chevy steering might be as dead as the M2 or M4 steering but at-least the noises the car makes are great, not to mention they are leading the class like BMW M3 used to and for the money you are getting much more bang for your buck. The C7 is much more of a pure sports car than anything BMW currently has to offer. If Porsche GT3 prices were low I would buy that but Porsche is grossly over-priced. So C7 Z06 is my new car all the way.

So good bye BMW, you choose your direction, I have chosen mine. You go cater to the soccer moms, I have found something that is geared towards the enthusiast like C7 stingray.

From E46, E39, E65, E60, and E92 were all cars that I enjoyed tremendously as an owner and was proud to own. The cars like E36 were a little before my time but I admired them growing up as a kid. Alas, the love affair is over and you lost another BMW loyal owner/enthusiast

Good luck BMW hope you change your direction at-least when it comes to M cars and make cars that are full on passion and less on luxury pampering .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW269 View Post
2013. That much change at BMW since then. Now you have the Alfa Romeo 4C. BMW Z? Not soon.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0