2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf84
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Is this back again?
OK hit me!
Scott,

I really appreciate that you open up for guys like me on this blog. That you take the time and effort to give information and answer questions. My question isn't much of a question but more like a frustration I need to share.

BMW leaded the premium segment for quit some while. But now competition is catching up very rapidly. I am a BMW man in my hart and soul. Exterior, model wise I don't complain cause I think that is all up to the company and market demand. But quality wise I do have big issues.

As specially when it comes to interiors. Materials, fit and finish is poor when you compare it with Audio and Mercedes. These two examples spend allot of time, effort and money in materials, details and a "rich" feel inside the cabine. You get the feeling that you are in something special. I myself own a '15 M235i an '14 M5 and an '15 M6 GC. The GC is, I think, the best BMW offers at the moment interior wise. But the rest is not good enough! I'm spending allot of money on my cars and I want to feel, see and smell what I paid for. The M235i is a great car, but it's the same as the 1 series which is out for several years. Please tell me Scott that BMW is working hard on this matter because you are losing me and allot of my friends, family and colleagues.
This 44 year old lifetime car enthusiast's recollection is that BMW's have always been criticized (in the US at least) for their luxury-challenged interiors.