03-21-2015, 05:52 PM   #113
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
Now that is some much needed good news Scott26.

I think among these variants of Z's a fixed hard top version would be awesome. One that should be designed squarely towards the enthusiast. A dedicated performance machine for $50K range aimed at the Lotus Exiges S and Cayman S and Corvette Stingray.

Are there any chances of BMW going Mid-engine configuration for this fixed hard top version of light weight Z. Because I think that would be the ultimate. A proper sports car with engine in proper place for greater chassis balance and handling. It will also improve steering feel by taking weight off the front wheels.

Please, no EPS electric steering just a good ol fashioned HPS or better yet if they use extensive Carbon reinforced fiber for light weight purpose keep the weight minimum by going back to basic NO PS.

Second, as someone already mentioned it needs to have proper cooling so it does not over heat on track and go in limp mode after 30 minutes. I am also not against the high performance hybrid engine with twin turbo I6 and electric motor. The electric motor giving that instantaneous acceleration from just above 0 rpm then running up at max until the turbos take over around 1500 rpm. This way the engine would have even better then the NA engine response on track. Also, the car would be more fuel efficient for daily driving. But the key is to keep the car super light weight.
2013. That much change at BMW since then. Now you have the Alfa Romeo 4C. BMW Z? Not soon.
Appreciate 0