Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheHbKa View Post
True, but having driven summer tires in the winter its reasonable, of course handling and grip are not as in the warm weather but I found that in NY it is not cost efficient to buy another set of wheels for the winter
I cannot agree re: cost-efficient ....

First; you will be safe if you use a winter set, you never know when you get cut in a snow storm. So it might save you from a very expensive accident. "cost savings in my book"

Second; as Memphis already pointed out the rubber is not the same (summer tire verses winter tire - manufactures spend millions to perfect the winter tire (thread and compound). Besides while you run your winter set you save the thread on your summer set "cost savings in my book"

The only decision you have to make is will I get a spare rim set also to save tire changes and balancing twice a year. Well that depends on how long you plan to keep the car, you can always sell the winter set with the car or even separately.

my 2 cents

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0