11-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #13
javol
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
What's your take on the cayman s, M3 and z4 on the circuit in stock form? I'm really into keeping cars stock for convenience reasons and would love to get your take on these cars.
Stock or not the Z4 is the less performing of the group on the circuit, due to its weight (1600 kg...) the absence of the roof, the poor steering wheel response, etc...

The Cayman S is probably the faster one in terms of lap time, even with only 320 HP due to its low weight (1400 kg) and the neutral set up with the central engine. IMO it is also the easiest to drive of the 3 mentioned cars. You can go fast with a minimum of experience. Great brakes too.

The M3 is the most involving one. Great engine sound, brutal gear changes (the DCT in sport plus mode is something to test: unbelieveble!). IMO, the M3 transmits more "race sensations" than the Cayman, probably due to the marked oversteer too... With a bit of imagination: exiting a mid-speed corner, the rear wheels spin a bit, the oversteer is present but not tedious, flor the gas and the V8 scares... 6-7-8k >>> change! and.... the upshift is a clear bump on yor neck...
2012 Z4 35i DCT Black/Beige - 20" Vossen CV3, PB-Brake BBK, ///M Front Bumper, ///M Steering Wheel, Led Angel Eyes, Black Grille, Short Antenna - Tuning: JB4 Map 2, Custom Made 3" DPs & MPs, BMS Dual Intake - Desire list: 3D Design Front Lip, Meth Kit, FMIC.

Last edited by javol; 11-26-2012 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 0