View Single Post
      08-30-2014, 10:22 AM   #35
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallshortguy View Post
Both cars were just released, beside sthe M235i will likely not be the platform for their next GT car. It will either be the M4 or next gen Z platform. The Z4 GT3 was released only a few years ago, it has not run the course of a typical GT car's life. The M4 was released in the middle of the GT racing season, of course it hasn't been raced yet. Besides, with the Z4 having at least a couple of years left that leaves BMW time to take their time deriving their next race engine.

M235i Racing has been racing in their own cup as part of the VLN series in europe all year, they just raced this past weekend. Besides, the only place for them to run in the US is modified street series like Continental as part of an independent team. The current 1 and 3 series teams may very well start developing their 2 series cars soon, they're not going to just insert a brand new car into their lineup over their long tested current cars. Also, it was released during the season as well so I'm not sure why you expect them to do.

btw, why are you responding 2 weeks later?

Is there a response time..?

Yeah, yeah... in 2017 we will start to see current BMW's race. Not inspiring when you walk the paddocks..

The M235i R is racing itself.
Therefore it is not competing.. I'd like to see BMW up against it's rivals.. not protected their turbos, by racing against itself.
Appreciate 0