View Single Post
      08-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #34
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
How about M235i, or the M4.. racing in America, or any other car series..?

Obviously, BMW isn't in Formula 1 anymore, so where is the M-development..? I am very sick of going to the races and walking the paddocks, & seeing the exact same BMW's.. when BMW has newer cars out. When is BMW going to test their own turbo engines in competition..? That is why we go to races, to see production cars work.

The BMW M235i R was out before the 2-series, yet it is not in any races yet. Is not even on America soil...

I agree.. asking BMW to become what they once were, is getting tiresome..!
Both cars were just released, beside sthe M235i will likely not be the platform for their next GT car. It will either be the M4 or next gen Z platform. The Z4 GT3 was released only a few years ago, it has not run the course of a typical GT car's life. The M4 was released in the middle of the GT racing season, of course it hasn't been raced yet. Besides, with the Z4 having at least a couple of years left that leaves BMW time to take their time deriving their next race engine.

M235i Racing has been racing in their own cup as part of the VLN series in europe all year, they just raced this past weekend. Besides, the only place for them to run in the US is modified street series like Continental as part of an independent team. The current 1 and 3 series teams may very well start developing their 2 series cars soon, they're not going to just insert a brand new car into their lineup over their long tested current cars. Also, it was released during the season as well so I'm not sure why you expect them to do.

btw, why are you responding 2 weeks later?

Last edited by tallshortguy; 08-27-2014 at 04:31 PM..
Appreciate 0