View Single Post
      08-24-2009, 03:58 PM   #65
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

[quote=Angry3;5749767]Fair enough, I think you and I are saying about the same thing, just differently. I just read your post to mean than you had to put a CCR down to get the good MF and residual here, and of course you don't. I don't ever put a CCR down due to the risk of loss, so I don't even consider it in any decision to lease. For the folks that are basing their decision on the advertised payments on BMW.com, then yes you have to consider the CCR.

The point that was being debated was how big a negative the 30 month term is compared to a 36 monther. I offered that it isn't, but then again I think a big part of the appeal of leasing generally is that you get to drive the "latest and greatest" and move on to something later and greater after 2-3 years. With this lease, you get a great looking and performing car that's fresh and unique, and then you're out of it in February of 2012 and can be shopping over the winter for your next car during the months when BMW has historically had its best lease deals. Yes, you do have to consider the cost of a set of tires and the fees as part of the total cost of the lease, but even so this is a fantastic deal for folks in the market right now. The fact that BMWFS lease terms have been pretty lousy this year IMHO makes it all the more compelling. [quote=Angry3;5749767]
__________________________________________________ ________________________________
Good points. One of the biggest benefit of a lease may be that it gets someone into a car that normally could not afford the monthly payment, had they put the same $4500 down and ran through a regular loan.
Appreciate 0