View Single Post
      04-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #20
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz View Post
So you got a deal on dealer inventory of last year's model (i.e. 2012 during 2013 production)? That's par for the course. Unfortunately, for the reasons I gave above, I must go for 2014 production. I do not believe invoice or under is available (different tables). Thanks again.
I think it was still 2012 in production when I got the E89. Got it for a few hundred below truecar.com assessment of dealer cost.

Definitely hear you on customizing to your liking. Did that with my wife's 328 in 2011 (took delivery at the dealer I ordered from). Settled for $500 over US invoice since we didn't have time to go performance or euro delivery.

I had better luck with large / super high volume dealers wanting to take the deal for volume (order came out of allocation) and found the smaller dealers were really trying to wring $ out of me.

Agree with your approach conceptually but I think you'll find that once you start emailing detailed specs you will find out really fast who will deal and who won;t. When I heard "why don't you come in...." it was never a good sign.. haha. The places you want on your short list will work up a full quote on the phone in 15 minutes without any hassle. Once they know you are an educated shopper the good sales people will work to give you a sharp deal and try to make margin on someone less educated about the process.
Appreciate 0