02-24-2017, 01:15 PM   #18
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1981 View Post
Fun Fact...MHD and COBB copy you're complete ecu so when you revert back to stock it'll be as the moment you flashed it.
You don't have good reading comprehension skills, do you? I know WTF COBB and MHD do for a reflash to stock. I've done flashing of all sorts to SO many cars over the past 10 years using various companies and methods. We did the first APR flash on a MK5 in TX when they first came out on my kitchen table. The dealer can still tell the ECU was flashed, no matter what. They can, will, and have voided warranties for it. I know from witnessing it...OFTEN.

Quote:
Dinan is "ok" software, and extremely overpriced.
I am perfectly satisfied with "ok software" when it's race proven by a company that's known for tuning BMW's. I would've agreed with you on the pricing in the past (when it was $2K+), but again, you can't\don't\won't read. Did you not see what the pricing scheme is now? That's well worth it with a guarantee backing it up.

Quote:
And also you're not going to blow your motor with a off the shelf tune and a fmic unless you're driving around with no oil, or something equally foolish.
No where did I say or even imply that the tune itself would be the cause, but I'll bite now. I never had any issues with my Audi's on straight I or II tunes either for many miles. As the mods piled on (B7 A4 to APR Stage II+ and 8P A3 to APR K04 + FBO with both cars having full suspensions as well), same could be said. However, I did see more than enough other people have minor to catastrophic failures that ate their lunch due to similar or same mods. This all goes back to my "pay to play" statement. If you can risk it, go right on ahead.

Quote:
Anyways its your car, do what ever the fuck you want with it. My point was that if you're going to run a stage 3 tune w/o intercooler you'll experience overheating and limp mode if you plan on doing spirited driving.
I never responded to this because I don't disagree with you here.

Quote:
Look at my signature. I'm heavily modded and still go to the dealer for warranty maintenance. My dealer is good about that.
As I stated already, that's your experience and mine as well with my two previous Audi's, previous lightly modded 1er, and my current leased Z4. I can tell you that if I blew up the engine or trans., my wonderful SA's at both dealers and I discussed what would most likely happen (not covered). Have you tested this threshold with your dealer and SA at BMW? I highly doubt it. Everything with modding and manufacturer warranty is YMMV.
Appreciate 0