Thread: Shock problem?
View Single Post
      02-25-2024, 04:48 PM   #7
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Be cautious with those chinese copies...

They sell the same shock for 28i, 30i, 35i and 35is...

but in BMW parts catalogue 28i and 30i use one partnumber shock...
and 35i and 35is use totally different partnumber shock...
They are probably different due to different weight of the car... twin turbo I6-s are heavier...

So which one is it? are they selling a 28i spec shock to 35i owners or the opposite.. or is it something totally different... set up between the two oem parts to keep the cost down and make one fits all part...

this fact makes me not trust their product... evenmore if original shocks last only 40k-50k maybe 60k miles.... then im sure these chinese shocks dont even last that... maybe you can expect half of it and be happy if they last longer...

but they are out there.... just google and some will pop up... Front pair of these chinese shocks cost around 700 eur... basically half the price of the oem stuff...

on hubauer-shop.de front original adaptive shock is 616 eur right now..
this is -30% from the RRP of 882 eur.
So it is possible to get front pair for 1232 eur in the EU now.
This is great... when mine failed there was no such discount... full retail only...

FCPEuro sells front adaptive shocks for 35i / 35is for 850 usd a piece.

Also you can consider coilover kits and renew the whole setup: front , rear shocks and springs.

When my both front shocks started leaking... i chose to get rid of the adaptive suspension and went with KW V3 suspension with adjustable height, rebound and compression... Lucky for me there was a nice spring sale going on and i got this suspension kit almost for the price of 2 oem front shocks...
i did not buy the modules that fool the ecus to thinking that adaptive shocks are still there. I coded adaptive suspension out with inpa and Ediabas software using obd to usb cable.. and saved hundreds of euros that way aswell...

Now this V3 kit has got much more expensive... On US KWsuspension website z4 35i kit without error cancellation dummy modules is 2919 usd!
and with the modules so you dont have to do any coding is 3189 usd!...

i got my setup years ago for like 1800-1900 eur i think...

But there are cheaper kits out there aswell... maybe you will find something you like... worth a look at least...

Last edited by KennyP; 02-25-2024 at 05:08 PM..
Appreciate 0