View Single Post
      05-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #66
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

To remove the LED assy from the LCI sidemarkers - looking at the assembly you'll note there are three clips and one slip in retainer. The key is to unclip the clip that is closest to the front of the car. In the following photo #1 that is the one with the screwdriver on the left.

To unclip the LED assembly you use three small flat bade screw drivers.

1. Insert a screw driver #1 approximately where the red handled one is shown.
2. Insert one screwdriver #2 through the chrome loop and gently pry the black U clip up.
3. With screwdriver #3 (not shown) pry open the gap at the top of the crome loop and black U clip.
4. As the U clip unlactches from the chrome loop. It will barely unlatch as the other two clips are still retaining the LED assembly, pry up with screwdriver #2.
5. Now take screwdriver #3 and work the 2 remaining latches open. Always keep some upward pressure on Screwdriver #2 to prevent it from relatching.
6 Once all the latches are unclipped slide and lift the LED assembly towards what would be the front of the car to release it from slip in retainer.

Photo #2 shows the LED assembly being held up with all clips released - ready to lift and slide out.

It is a bit of a pain and requires patience. Once you get the first one disassembled, the second one will seem alot easier, at least it was for me. Installation of the LED assembly is slip in and push down.

Photo #1

Photo #2

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0