08-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoky View Post
If you were not to buy the iPod USB adapter option would the car still have a USB port?

The reason I ask is because I am thinking of getting the Nav system which will allow you to store music into the cars hard drive. I would not use my iPod except for the first time I up load the music into the HD. So if the USB is present, would I need this adapter to upload the music?

Also does anyone know if you can upload the music off the cars CD player into the HD? If you can, can you upload the songs in a mp3 format (that way you can place alot more songs as a data mp3 per CD) or does the CD need to be in audio format?
The "iPod and USB adapter" are listed together as a $400 USD option and are can be purchased separately from the Nav system. I think the term adapter is a misnomer as the literature refers to the "adapter" as the place you plug in your USB stick, rather than some kind of separate cable adapter. More than likely they are referring to the USB stick slot and a module that makes the radio capable of reading the USB stick.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0